The Town of Freedom is in the northeast corner of the Cattaraugus County.
The first settlers arrived around 1811. The Town of Freedom was
founded in 1820, composed of land from the "Town of Ischua" (now the Town of Franklinville). Part of Freedom became the Town of Yorkshire in 1844.
The Salem Welsh Church is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Click here for information about the Town of Freedom, NY