DATE: December 5, 2016
TIME: 4:00 p.m. – Middle School - Room D120 – Curriculum Office
IN ATTENDANCE: Sylvia Chase, Susan Dressel, Karen Haynes, Michael Irizarry, Thomas Izydorczak, Robert Morgan, Jennifer Palmerton, Mary Rauscher, Mary Lou Sworts, and Jill Wilkie
1. CONSENSUS REPORT – Minutes – November 7, 2016
Motion: To accept Consensus Report as presented
1st Tom Izydorczak 2nd Mary Rauscher Carried: Yes
2. Forthcoming Meetings
· December 5, 2016 – Policy Board meeting
· December 8, 2016 – FarWest Regional meeting-Kenmore Staff Development Center
· January 9, 2017 – Policy Board meeting
· February 6, 2017 – Policy Board meeting
· February 9, 2017 – FarWest Regional meeting-Erie 1 BOCES
· March 6-8, 2017 – Committee of 100 & NYSTC Spring Symposium
· March 13, 2017 – Policy Board meeting
· April 3, 2017 – Policy Board meeting
· May 1, 2017 – Policy Board meeting
· May 18, 2017 – FarWest Regional meeting-SUNY Buffalo State College
· June 5, 2017 – Policy Board meeting
3. Curriculum/Teacher Center/State Updates
* In a Teacher Center Moodle post, information was shared that “My Learning Plan” is able to create CTLE Certificates with all required information for NYSED.
* A FarWest Poverty Simulation at Pioneer High School was held on Tuesday, November 22. Tom Izydorczak was a participant and Michael Irizarry assisted the presenters and enlighted the Policy Board on the benefits of the program.
* The Policy Board will revise and approve the Annual Effectiveness Survey at our January meeting.
4. Webmaster Update
All information is up to date. The January meeting date will be posted following today’s meeting.
5. Building Liaison Information
* Need to sign up for spring workshops
* TC requires electronic or hard copy of Registration form
* PDP Timekeeper due – 2 weeks prior to start of workshop
* Summer payments past due; Fall payments due end of February
* Pre and Post eval surveys due for all workshops
6. CTLE Certificates – Birthdates & last 4 digits of SS number?
Discussion: The Policy Board discussed whether the District be able to provide the Center with participant birthdates and the last four digits of SSNs or if we should send an email requesting this information from the staff. It was decided that if we have the information from our new registration sheets or can obtain the information from WinCap, we should use it. If not, we should leave those two sections blank that participants will complete when the Center fills out the CTLE certificates for this year.
7. 2016-2017 Spring Workshops - approval
Discussion: At the present time, the AIS, RtI and iReady course for spring 2017 has 10 participants registered. Integrating Technology has 3 participants registered. It is anticipated that numerous others will register closer to the starting date of the Technology class as it is the last class offered during the school year.
Motion: To approve both spring workshops for 2017.
1st Sue Dressel 2nd Mary Rauscher Carried: Yes
Discussion: The Policy Board further discussed the director’s salary. The Policy Board is concerned that the director is not being properly compensated for the position relative to other directors. They are currently reviewing the situation and have tabled any decisions until a future meeting.
9. Needs Assessment Review
Discussion: The 2016-2017 Needs Assessment results were discussed. After reviewing the Needs Assessment Results, the Policy Board selected eleven potential workshops to be discussed with administrators for the 2017-2018 school year. Revisions, recommendations and changes will be welcomed from the District and Policy Board and further revisions will be made until the catalog is finalized and approved.
10. Audit/Credit courses – still to be discussed at future meetings.
Motion to Adjourn:
1st Mary Rauscher 2nd Tom Izydorczak Carried: Yes
ADJOURNED: 5:15 p.m.
NEXT MEETING: January 9, 2017