We hope that you have had a relaxing summer and are ready to start a new school year. Teachers have worked hard all summer to prepare their classrooms and revise curriculum to meet the needs of all students. We are excited to have the halls filled with our students again!
Your child’s teacher placement is included with this letter. We work very hard to compile class lists. There are many factors that come into play when placing a student. Therefore, we will not be making changes to class lists. If you have questions or concerns regarding your child’s placement, do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Just a few reminders:
- Drop off is 8:35 a.m. to 8:55 a.m. in the student drop off lane on Church Street (see arrival letter that is included for details). Parents will not be allowed to enter the building. Pre-k and kindergarten parents may enter and walk students to their classes the first week only.
- Pick up is at 3:30 p.m. at the side door near the bike rack. The doors will not open until 3:25 p.m. each day. We ask that everyone enters the side door on the parking lot side and an adult will be sure that you are matched up with the child you are responsible for. We ask that everyone exits quickly to avoid congestion loading busses. Any student remaining after 3:40 p.m. will go to latchkey. There is a $2.00 an hour charge.
During the first days of school, we will be taking our time with dismissal to get to know everyone. Please be patient. This is for the security of the children.
- Students will only be released to those that are listed on their emergency card. If you have a change in dismissal scheduling it must be in writing. People that are not known to staff will need their ID.
- Please remember to clearly communicate in writing the dismissal procedures for your child. It is important that the teacher and student both know where they are going each day. Bus drivers will not drop students off to a house unless there is an adult present. It is ideal to have a consistent schedule; however, we understand that family needs vary.
- If there is a change in dismissal it must be called in to the greeter by 2:15 p.m. (9421).
We look forward to seeing everyone at Parent-Student Orientation to kick off another great year at Arcade. Enjoy the last days of summer. As always, thanks for sharing your children with us.
Mellisa Devitt, Principal