The SRO is not intended to serve as a "security officer" in the school, nor is he there to enforce disciplinary policies. The ultimate responsibility is to carry out his duties as a Cattaraugus County Deputy Sheriff, as expressed and interpreted through the Cattaraugus County Sheriff Department's chain of command.
1. To ensure the safety for the students, faculty and staff at Pioneer Schools.
3. To enforce criminal laws on the Local, State, and Federal levels, and to assist school officials with the enforcement of Policies and Regulations regarding student conduct
4. To investigate criminal activity on or around school property
5. To answer questions that students may have concerning criminal and juvenile law
6. To assist other officer's with outside investigations concerning students
7. To provide security at special school events or functions