The School Officer Resource ProgramThe primary mission of the School Resource Officer is three-fold; formal instruction and presentation, informal consultation pertaining to law enforcement and safety issues, and law enforcement.
The SRO is not intended to serve as a "security officer" in the school, nor is he there to enforce disciplinary policies. The ultimate responsibility is to carry out his duties as a Cattaraugus County Deputy Sheriff, as expressed and interpreted through the Cattaraugus County Sheriff Department's chain of command.Meet our SRO'sThe Pioneer SRO program places a Cattaraugus County Sheriff Deputies in the district during the school year. Our current SRO is Deputy Joe Miller (716-492-9398)Duties of the School Resource Officer
1. To ensure the safety for the students, faculty and staff at Pioneer Schools.2. To counsel students in special situations, such as students suspected of engaging in criminal misconduct, when requested by a school administratoror parents of the student.
3. To enforce criminal laws on the Local, State, and Federal levels, and to assist school officials with the enforcement of Policies and Regulations regarding student conduct
4. To investigate criminal activity on or around school property
5. To answer questions that students may have concerning criminal and juvenile law
6. To assist other officer's with outside investigations concerning students
7. To provide security at special school events or functions